The Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) provides technology services to staff, students, visiting faculty, student interns and guests of GUtech.
We provide a diverse selection of secure platforms, Network devices, WLAN and servers, with monitoring tools to ensure the highest availability for GUtech’s business needs. We operate from a responsive, 8 x 5 multi-tier service desk to address customer concerns and troubleshoot any service-related issues and located in the second floor- Aachen wing of the university. ITS operates on a fee service model.
The Dept. of Information Technology Services, is managed by the Head of Department who reports to Rectorate of GUtech. The department was established in 2007.
Our services include hosting, network and video services, telecommunications and enterprise services. Which are detailed here.
- Maintaining User and computer accounts.
- Internet facilities & access to computing facilities
- Email – access to Email services
- PC Maintenance – providing build and repair services for hardware
- Training Courses – IT courses for employees
- Advanced Computing – Support to advanced computing expertise, services and facilities for research and teaching
- Remote Access – access to the University networks off campus
- Software Applications – documentation and support for software applications
- Telecoms – providing campus-wide telecommunications
- IT pool – Laptops, projectors and many other accessories on loan
- File Storage – provide data storage for users
- Security & Virus Protection – advise on how to protect computer and data
- Videoconferencing – video conferencing facilities for staff
- Wireless – secure wireless connection
- Guest Internet access
- EDUROAM wireless
- Portal support (ERP-self-service portal, Q-WiKi, etc)
- Website technical administration